My paternal grandmother met our Father one year ago today. It is almost unfathomable the year that I have had. Not only did I lose my paternal grandmother, paternal aunt, and maternal grandmother, but I also got engaged and married. This day a year ago marked the beginning of one of the saddest and happiest years of my life.
March 30, 2010 my grandmother, Hazel Ruth Harbour, passed away. She lived one of the most amazing and inspiring lives I have ever known. She gave life to 7 wonderful children, raised them in the most loving and responsible way, but most of all, taught to her children to love the Lord and demonstrated what a marriage is all about. She is the first person I remember going to church with. She was the woman I looked up to the most while growing up. I just thought it was so cool that she was so active with church, friends, and family so late into her life and that is what I want for mine. Unfortunately, she got a tumor on the right side of her face which had to be removed several years ago. Her health steadily declined since then.
It still amazes me how my loss of her still affects me to the extent that it does, but I think the wedding just amplified it. I just wish she could have been there. But, I had a lot of my family there, which was comforting, and I know she was watching over me.



What a year Haley! Your Grandmother sounds like ahe was an amazing woman :)
ReplyDelete