In 15 days, Austin will be home. It's kinda funny how I have prepared for Austin's trips home since he left. I look around the house to make some progress on small projects and make plans to have the entire house clean including clean sheets, no dirty laundry, AND a clean pet. I make every effort to guarantee no mundane distractions take away from our time together.
Austin's birthday was a disappointment for me, even if it wasn't a disappointment for him. Even though it wasn't my birthday, I wanted to spend that special day with him. But, we shall persevere.
What was even worse was all this 9-11 anniversary coverage. I watched a ton of the coverage and remembrance of the event over the weekend. Austin's building is only a few blocks away from ground zero. So, as I continued to inundate myself with scary emotional accounts of that day, I became increasingly concerned for Austin's safety today and in the future. Austin is one of those guys that thinks things are not that big of a deal. I heard a voicemail from someone's husband in tower 2 after the first plane hit tower 1. He said he was ok, the plane just hit tower 1 and he would probably be at work and busy all day. What a tragedy! But, ARE YOU KIDDING ME! If the building immediately adjacent to mine was hit by a plane, you betcha I'd be the first one sprinting out of that building and as far away as I could get. What scares me is that Austin does not usually have my kind of reaction, he has that husband's reaction.
I know you can't live your life in fear and that you never know what is dangerous until it is. But, that doesn't stop me from worrying. I can't IMAGINE my life without Austin. He may be 1,500 miles away, but he's still here. And, I can't wait until he's HERE!
No comments:
Post a Comment