Monday, June 6, 2011

It's been a while...

Wow, can't believe it's been almost a month since I posted....OPPS.  I guess it's because nothing exciting has really been going on.  You know, the usual, yard work, car work, work work. 

This weekend, my dad and I replaced my catalytic converter and then I changed my oil.  Anytime I tell someone that I am doing something like this to my car, they are so amazed that I know how to do something other than put gas in my car.  But I tell, its really not that difficult.  To replace by catalytic converter literally consisted of removing and replacing 7 bolts under the car. And changing oil is even simpler.  I do realize that for most cars you need a jack and jack stands to do this and a few tools.  You also get a little dirty in the process.  But, if you have had a car that requires fully synthetic oil, you know that those $20 oil changes are not your reality.  So, I think it's worth it.

Plus, it means quality time with my dad.  With father's day coming up, I've been trying to think of a good gift. Everytime I ask my dad what he wants for his birthday, Christmas, or Father's Day, he can never come up with anything.  But it never fails that when we work on cars he comes up with something he really wants or could really use.   Plus, God only knows how much money he has saved me helping me with my car.  He may give me a hard time about it sometimes, but he is really one of the most generous people I know. 




No comments:

Post a Comment