Monday, June 6, 2011

Summary

(BTW, can you tell I feel like writing today!?)

So, I've realized that my last few posts haven't been directly linked to the title of my blog, "My Life as a Kilgore".  They have been about the people who made me who I am today and showed me the wife I want to be.  I want to be a wife with all the passion, activity, and generosity of my dad and with the patience, understanding, and camaraderie of my mom.  Not that either one of them don't have ALL of these qualities, but those are the ones that stand out to me in my relationship with them.



Surprisingly, my brother has also shaped the kind of women I am today.  From the very first day I knew I was going to be a big sister, I was ecstatic.  After all, it was going to be like having a real live baby doll!! Right!?  Not exactly.   But, I did take the big sister roll very seriously.  I did, and still do, feel a strong drive to protect and advise him.  Now that he is all grown up, we are still very close and hope to be that way forever.




I also have been shaped by my friends.  I have some of the most amazing childhood friends that I am still close to today.  I think that kind of committed and deep friendship creates a certain stability and empowerment in my life.  I also have amazing friends from college, which is hard to believe was 6 years ago.  Those friendship seem to have given me confidence and passion.  Leaving home was very difficult for me, especially given the aforementioned great childhood friends.  But, continuing to build new great friendships only further expands my horizons and gives me great comfort.




And how can I forget my new family.  That is, after all, the biggest change of my life as a Kilgore.  They have been so accepting of me and I look forward to the additional support I will have in my life from them.


No comments:

Post a Comment