Monday, June 6, 2011

Kinda missed Mother's Day

Now that my last post turned into a Father's Day post, not that I intended it to when I sat down to write it, I think I want to do one about my mom.  I missed Mother's Day because I was in Cabo (and I will also miss Father's Day :( ).  But my mom always says not to worry about it because she knows we love her, which is so like her.  She doesn't sweat the small stuff.  Plus, she doesn't really like getting gifts.  I think she would prefer to get the joy out of finding a really great deal for most of the things she wants/needs.  This makes shopping for her both incredibly difficult and easy because I have know idea what to get her but know whatever it is she will be fine with it. 

She is the most long tempered person I know (if that's even a term, I think I've only heard people use the term short tempered).  She is a great advice giver and will talk through almost any problem with me.  But, even if you don't do what she thinks you should do, she calmly excepts it and moves on.  Therefore, she rarely gets fired up about anything which really lets you know when something is a big deal to her.  She also rarely gets angry at people.  Where I would go on and on about how stupid, rude, or annoying someone is, she just says those attributes will only hinder their happiness and to move on.  I've tried to learn this skill from her but that is a work in progress. 

She is incredibly thoughtful.  She begins her Christmas list in about February, taking notes here and there when you randomly say you like or want something.  Then, magically it is there on Christmas day.  Sometimes it seems like she read your mind because you don't even remember telling her what you wanted.  I have also tried to begin doing this, but once again, that is a work in progress.

I know like it seems like I'm going on and on about my mom, but I don't think she gets credit sometimes.  Most people who know me know that I am a daddy's girl and always will be.  But, I still have a very close amazing relationship with my mom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment